NSCA announces 2018 annual award recipients
Health and fitness professionals from across the world will converge on the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s (NSCA) national conference on July 11 in Indianapolis to discover cutting-edge research and practical applications in strength and conditioning, presented by the industry’s most elite and respected experts.
One of the many exciting events that will be held during the conference is the award banquet, where distinctive honors are given to several professionals for outstanding achievement. The NSCA is proud to announce this year’s award recipients:
- High School Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year: James E. McFarland Jr., MEd, CSCS,*D, RSCC
- Personal Trainer of the Year: Chad C. Landers, CSCS,*D, RCPT*E
- Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Specialist of the Year: Daniel S. Lorenz, DPT, PT, ATC/L, CSCS
- State/Provincial Director of the Year: Joseph P. Lopez, CSCS,*D, RSCC
- Strength and Conditioning Journal Editorial Excellence Award: Chris Bishop, MSc
- Terry J. Housh Outstanding Young Investigator of the Year: Nathaniel D.M. Jenkins, PhD, CSCS,*D, NSCA-CPT,*D
- The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Editorial Excellence Award: David R. Hooper, PhD, CSCS,*D; Joseph P. Weir, PhD, FNSCA
“Congratulations to all the award winners for these well-deserved awards,” said NSCA Executive Director Michael Massik. “Each of these individuals have changed many lives and exemplify what it is to be an NSCA professional. We are proud to have them as members.”
The NSCA National Conference features several educational sessions and research presentations, all designed to help those attending to expand their knowledge and further their careers.
The NSCA is the worldwide authority on strength and conditioning, and for more information regarding NSCA and their awards, please visit www.nsca.com.