High School Athletes Get Noticed & Recruited with New AppSports Thread 6.0, a free social networking app, announced today, to raise their online visibility and connect with college coaches in hopes of securing roster spots and college scholarships.
Youth athletic games, tournaments, and competitions continue to be postponed or canceled due to COVID-19. Travel restrictions and NCAA-mandated recruiting restrictions, especially for Division 1 sports, continue to hamper the recruiting process for student-athletes and coaches.Throughout the pandemic, Sports Thread has seen thousands of new sign-ups per week with student-athletes looking to boost their online presence and interact with the youth sports community which they have been isolated from for almost a year. Sports Thread has also seen hundreds of colleges sign up for their sports programs to recruit and use the social network’s filters to search for and connect with athletes in current and upcoming graduating classes.
“The athletes on Sports Thread recognize the need to raise their profile online in the absence of live sporting events,” said Sean Leary, founder, and CEO of Sports Thread. “Likewise, college coaches see the need for connecting digitally with players that fit their program’s needs. Sports Thread’s social network is disrupting the recruiting industry by enabling these connections through more advanced, easier-to-use software at an unrivaled price — free.”
Tyrone Willingham, former head football coach at Stanford University, University of Notre Dame, and the University of Washington said: “With most high school sports programs curtailed or shut down completely because of COVID-19, more college coaches and scouts than ever are connecting with potential recruits online. Athletes that have a robust online presence using sports-specific social networks such as Sports Thread are much more likely to attract the attention of and connect with college coaches nationwide.”
“Sports Thread levels the playing field for all amateur athletes across the country by enabling them to showcase their skills and communicate directly with fellow players, coaches, parents, and fans, regardless of their family financial status, location, or COVID effects on their playing seasons,” said Roger Craig, three-time Super Bowl champion with the San Francisco 49ers.
SPORTS THREAD 6.0 PRODUCT FEATURES
Sports Thread 6.0 includes new features that: help athletes showcase their skills and get discovered, help college coaches find players they need in the new world of recruiting, improve the app when used at live sporting events, and provide additional resources to youth athletes from trusted brands.
FOR ATHLETES AND COACHES
- Enhanced Profile: Athletes can now enter all information coaches need to evaluate them, including, Season/Career Stats, Measurable Stats, Basic Info, Academics, & Film/Video clips.
- Athletes Tab: College coaches, athletes, and fans can identify athletes with enhanced filters:
- Basic Info: Refine searches by Sport, Grad Year, Age, Gender, Location.
- Position: Identify athletes by position.
- Measurable Stats: Identify athletes by speed, power, agility, and strength stats.
- Season/Career Stats: Find players that meet sport-specific stats.
- The Thread: A tailored feed of sport-specific content from athletes, coaches, and fans nationwide, plus highly regarded content from Honest Game, The Positive Coaching Alliance, and Area Scouts.
- Enhanced Connection Features: Help athletes and coaches connect to the community including Video ‘Autoplay’, ‘Like’ & ‘Reply’ to comments, post & comment ‘Tagging’.
- Enhanced Search: Find athletes, college coaches, university information, and more with enhanced filters.
- Recruiting Tab: It’s now easier to find and connect with any college in the United States.
- Chat: Users can privately direct message each other. College coaches initiate conversations with athletes by clicking “Contact Me” on an athlete’s profile. Coaches at all levels can easily add up to 100 athletes to a team chat.
Sports Thread has more than 90 leading event organizations that use its free Software-as-a-Service platform to run events. Some premiere partners include New Balance Future Stars Series, Big Time Sports, Supreme Courts, and the Adidas National Soccer Showcase. Sports Thread 6.0 features that benefit event and tournament organizers include:
- Registration: Register teams and players for events and collect payments.
- Scheduling: Review tournament schedules and real-time game scores and standings.
- Game Details: Access to team rosters, notes on players, and scores. Select “Attending” to get push notifications about that game.
- Push Notifications: Receive updates from events for field changes, weather delays, scores, schedule updates, etc.