Harvard Introduces New Parking Football To Enhance Tailgating Experience
Beginning with the Crimson’s season opener vs. Merrimack College on Friday, Sept. 16, fans will be directed to enter the Harvard Athletics complex through Gate 14, located on Soldiers Field Road, to make their way to the new general admission parking and tailgate location.Additionally, the Harvard Athletics complex has extended tailgating hours to begin three hours prior to kick-off, allowing family and friends to congregate before entering historic Harvard Stadium. Gates, meanwhile, are slated to open 90 minutes before kick-off.
In an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all fans and spectators, Harvard Athletics, in cooperation with the Harvard University Police Department, has established the following policies regarding tailgating within the Harvard Athletics complex:
- Guests who park within the athletic complex (Gates 8, 14, 16 and 20) are welcome to tailgate directly behind their vehicle.
- All parking gates open three hours prior to kickoff for tailgating.
- There is no tailgating permitted during the game.
- Lots will close one hour following the end of the game.
- Tailgating is not permitted following night games.
- Grills using charcoal are prohibited within the athletic complex. The maximum propane gas cylinder size allowed will be 20 pounds.
- Commercial vehicles (U-Hauls), RVs, and trucks are not permitted in any parking facility.
- Tailgating is not permitted for fans who park in the Harvard Business School lot.
For fans and businesses interested in a reserved tailgating experience and additional hospitality, as well as corporate sampling, giveaways, and promotional opportunities, please contact the university athletics marketing team by reaching out to Sam Nunes at 617-495-4950.