- Athletic Director
- Best Sellers
- Coaching Whiz
- Golf DVDs
- Lacrosse DVDs
- Strength and Conditioning
- Swimming and Diving DVDs
- Tennis DVDs
- Track and Field DVDs
- Wrestling DVDs
Surviving Practices: Creating a Winning Practice Environment Through Gender Understanding
With Kathleen DeBoer,
American Volleyball Coaches Association Executive Director; former Division I Coach of the Year, Olympic Team Advisor, and successful University Fundraiser.
In this enlightening Five-Section coaching DVD, Kathleen DeBoer takes you through a lesson in gender response as it pertains to practice situations. She purposefully generalizes behavioral characteristics of both men/boys and women/girls to help illustrate her points.
- Section 1: Effective Motivation; Trigger positive results in both males and females by motivating them “in their language.”
- Section 2: Acceptance, Performance, and Struggle; pertinent issues that relate to peer acceptance, leadership development, and motivational strategies to prepare an athlete for a focused battle.
- Section 3: Action vs. Interaction; recommendations for structuring practices to achieve a balance between drills that develop skills and those that teach competitiveness.
- Section 4: Responsibility; stages that males and females go through before they are prepared mentally and socially to take responsibility for their own skill execution and competitive results.
- Section 5: Comfortableness vs. Edginess; understand how to cycle your athletes into and out of high pressure situations in practice to better prepare them for competition.
This DVD will help you understand the impact of gender differences on practice situations thereby increasing the effectiveness of your training. By teaching them both skills and competitiveness you will empower your athletes with the abilities to get things done.